Brazos county ARES is adopting the South Texas Section training Standardization plan. This page provides links to the South Texas ARES Information Depot where you can register as a new member and manage your training records and to FEMA sites where you can get a student ID and access various courses.
- South Texas Section ARES Information Depot
- FEMA Student Identification Page. (Get your SID here)
- FEMA Independent Study Opportunities
- IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- IS-200.B: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-800.B: National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-802: Emergency Support Functions (ESF) #2 – Communications
- Skywarn Basic training can be taken either in person or On line
- Skywarn Advanced training
January 11, 2017
Katy City Hall,
901 Ave C
Katy, TX 77493
Additional ARRL courses will be added later. Check your TaskBook on the STXARES Information Depot site for the current list of recommended courses.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Tom Talley W5XTT.@.ARRL.net (leave out the periods around the @)
Brazos County ARES AEC for Training and Membership